Social media has become the new way of the wicked world. People from all parts of the globe invest a lot of time and effort in social media platforms for both personal and professional purposes.
Among all of the top social media names in the market, Instagram by far takes the cake. The platform of Instagram has made quite a name for itself over the last decade and some even say that it has dethroned the crowned king of social media platforms, Facebook.
Instagram offers a wide range of filters and features and one can create a login account on Instagram without breaking a sweat. The platform comes with an easy-to-use interface, making it possible for users to explore the different features with ease.
Users also get the option of checking the login activity on Instagram to keep track of all the devices that they have logged in. But keep in mind that all of these features are inaccessible without the login process of Instagram.
In case you have newly made an Instagram account and want to carry out the login process in the correct manner, get in line and read this blog till the end to know all that there is to know about the login process of Instagram.
Disclaimer: The objective of this blog is to inform the audience about the correct login process of Instagram. We do not, in any way, associate or connect with the platform of Instagram and all of the information at your disposal is solely taken from trusted sources.
But before we begin, let us take a look at some of the major facts about Instagram that may faze you.
Major Facts About Instagram
- More than a billion people from different parts of the globe actively use Instagram every month.
- In 2012, the platform of Instagram was bought by Facebook for a whopping $1 Billion.
- Every day, more than 4.2 billion likes happen on Instagram.
- According to stats, more than 995 photos are uploaded every second on the platform of Instagram.
- Pizza is arguably the most shared food on the platform of Instagram.
- Back in 2013, more than 5 million videos were uploaded within the first 24 hours after Instagram introduced the video feature for public use.
- More than 80% of the accounts on Instagram have been made for personal use.
- Stats showed that most of the Instagram users lie between the age group of 25-34 years.
- Female users overwhelm male users in total numbers on Instagram.
- Product exploration has become a major part of the platform since 60% of the users access the platform to look for new products.
- 150. This is the average number of followers that a user has on Instagram.
Fun, right. Let us get started with the login methods of Instagram that can be used for different platforms.
Different Login Methods to Access Your Instagram Account on Different Devices
Promoting and sharing stuff on Instagram has become a major thing in the modern world which is why it is important for users to be able to access the account on different devices. Here are the methods that can be used for the same;
Via the Web Browser
Why should one opt for a web browser to access their account when Instagram offers an application that is available for all operating systems, right? Well, there are instances when a user is not accessing their account via a personal device and that is when this option comes into the picture. Don’t worry as it is pretty easy to log out from a web browser version of the platform as well.
Logging into your account from a web browser can give you time for a sneak peek without anyone noticing it. This way you can work and take small breaks in between with ease.
To do the same, follow the steps that are given below;
- Open your web browser and click on this link, to visit the login page of Instagram, to begin with.
- Once you have reached the login page, a login form will be available on the page, and enter your email address or phone number in the given field.
- In the next window, you will need to enter your password in the given field.
- In an alternative situation, one can also log into their account via clicking on the option of “Login with Facebook”, provided that you have made your Instagram account with the use of your Facebook account. Hit the login button once you are done with the same.
Upon following the steps and accessing your account, make sure to log out of your account else the account will remain logged in and anyone who accesses the device will have to access your account.
This way you can interact with the followers on Instagram without breaking a sweat.
Via the Web Application of Instagram (For Desktop Users)
Have a personal computer or laptop and want to avoid the trouble of logging through a web browser? Worry not, simply download the app of Instagram and begin with your social excursion.
The best way to download the application is by visiting the Microsoft Store, although one should keep a check on the bare minimum requirements for the app to ensure that your operating system is compatible enough.
To avoid all this confusion, simply download the application from Microsoft Store as that way, the system will automatically download the version that is compatible. Once you are done with the installation of the app, follow the simple log-in steps that are mentioned in the previous section.
Via the Application of Instagram
The majority of the users access Instagram to take their minds off things from time to time. While everybody likes the idea of scrolling through the feed and timeline of other users, nobody really wants to go through the trouble of accessing their account from a web browser every time they want to take a break.
This is where the mobile application of Instagram steps in. in case you are also looking to save yourself from the effort of logging in on a web browser, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Start by opening your Google Play Store or App Store to download the Instagram application and install the same on your device, to begin with.
- Upon installation, launch the application on your respective device and on the home screen, simply type your email address, username, or mobile number in the given field.
- For the next field, you will need to enter your account password correctly.
- Finish the process by clicking on the login button and after the platform has verified your login details, you will be able to access the dashboard for your account.
These are some of the simple ways that can be used to log in to your Instagram account on different platforms. A question has been surfacing on the internet lately where people are curious to know how they can use multiple accounts within a single application of Instagram. Here is how it can be done.
Is It Possible to Log in to Multiple Accounts on a Single Instagram App?
One of the major reasons why Instagram stays ahead of the curve in the world of social media
- Start by tapping on your profile picture that is available on the bottom right corner of your screen after you have launched the application of Instagram, to begin with.
- From there, you will need to hit the username that is available on the top left corner of your screen to click on the option of “add account“.
- In the next window, you will need to choose one of the two options given below;
ü Create a new account: If there are no existing accounts, go ahead and create a new account for the login process of Instagram.
ü Access your existing account: Log in to your account in case you made one earlier.
- Now, simply click on the “switch accounts” if you want to log in to your existing account or you can simply click on the “sign up” button if you want to create a new account on Instagram altogether.
- The platform will direct you to the login screen where you will need to type your login details. While on the sign-up page, you will simply need to move forward with the steps for the creation of a new Instagram account.
And just like that, you can switch accounts whenever you want with relative ease.
Basic Steps to Log out of Your Account When You Have Logged in on Someone Else’ Device
Oftentimes, users do not carry their personal devices with them and they may use another device to access their Instagram account, be it via the Instagram app or the desktop login process for Instagram.
Keep in mind that you also have to log out of your account from that device since it is not a personal device. The reason behind this is that your account doesn’t get logged out simply by removing the application from the background or by closing the tab from the web browser.
One has to go through a proper process to get things done and the steps for the same have been listed below;
Via Web Browser/Web App
All it takes is a couple of steps for any user to log out of their Instagram account from a web-based platform.
- Access your account and click on the profile picture that is available on the top right corner of your screen.
- In the next window, click on the log out button from the menu that pops up and you will be logged out from your Instagram account.
Via the App
- Begin by launching the application of Instagram and switch to the account on Instagram that you want to log out of.
- After this, access the profile tab and click on the more icon that is available on the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, choose the settings option from the menu that pops up and move down a bit to access the log out button to tap on the same.
- In the next window, uncheck the box for “remember my login info” else your login info will remain stored on the application, and anyone who accesses the application from that device can log in to your account.
- Confirm the same action by clicking on the log out button again.
Is It Possible to log in to Your Instagram Account Without a Mobile Number?
If for some reason, you do not have access to your mobile number and you have been using the same to access your account for quite a while now, there is no need for you to stress out. The same can be done in a couple of different ways that have been listed below for users who are unable to access their Instagram account since they forgot their mobile number or when they are not in possession of the same.
Let us take a look at how one can log in to Instagram without a phone number.
Via the Use of Instagram Username
Everyone who has used Instagram for a short while knows that the platform ensures that every username is unique. This is also why you won’t have two users with the same username on this platform. The username can come in handy when it comes to accessing the social media account.
Simply type in your username in the given field if you remember it and then fill in your account password and just like that you will be able to scroll through your feed again in no time.
Via the Use of Email Address
If you made an account on the platform of Instagram, chances are that you also linked an email address with your account for security reasons. The same email address can be used to access your Instagram account when you do not have access to the mobile number. As soon as you access the login screen of Instagram, you will need to enter any one out of three options, be it the username, the email address, or the mobile number.
Simply enter the email address instead of the mobile number in the field that is given correctly and after doing the same, enter your password correctly in the password text field to hit the login button. This way, you will be able to access your account in no time and once you are logged in, you can simply change your contact number by locating the settings option for future logins.
Even though Instagram offers so much for a great user experience, things don’t always work out and it is quite possible that users may have to face some login errors with the platform time and again. Let us dig more into it.
Login Issues of Instagram- Issues and Fixes
Every now and then, users have complained that they are unable to access their accounts for a variety of different reasons. The login problems can be caused because of something basic as an internet connection or something so severe as a hacker.
It is completely normal and one should brace for the worst while hoping for the best, which is why most of the users think that their account has been hacked when they are unable to access their account.
We have compiled a list of some of the issues along with their fixes, but before we get into that, let us take you through some simple reasons that may be responsible for the occurrence of the login problems of Instagram.
- In case your device is not connected to a secure and stable internet connection, chances are that you will face this issue on a regular basis.
- Make sure to check that your device is not on airplane mode as that may also cause this issue.
- Try to use a different web browser as oftentimes, web browsers do not support certain platforms, and chances are that Instagram isn’t supported by the web browser that you are using.
- Always update your application of Instagram to the latest version as outdated versions are known to have bugs and glitches.
- In case you feel that your web browser is at fault, make sure to clear the web cookies and cache as that may offer the smooth functioning of your web browser. One can also try to clear the Instagram app cache simply by locating the settings option from their device.
If these tips are of no use to you, you can take a look at some of the different issues and fixes that have been mentioned below;
When You Have Forgot or Changed Your Instagram Username
Plenty of users do not use their Instagram account frequently and it is pretty likely that they have forgotten their Instagram account. Although in such situations, the email address can be used to access the account without much fuss.
But if it is just not your day and you don’t get the chance to access your account since a hacker has taken over your account and changed the username along with all of the recovery details, it will become impossible for you to access your Instagram account.
The last resort to get your account back is by the username and since your previous username is of no use, simply ask a friend or an acquaintance to visit your profile on Instagram and take a look at the newly changed username. Enter the same username for the retrieval of your account.
When Your Instagram Account Has Been Hacked
As we said, brace yourselves for the worst so here we are. In case you are unable to access your account even when you are entering the correct login details and doing everything right, chances are that your account has been hacked by someone and they have changed the login details for your account.
In case you think that this is actually true, try to access the email that is linked with your account and check to see if it is still linked. If you receive an email where it says that the email address has been changed for your Instagram account, you can simply click on the option of “revert this change”. This way the email address will be restored and you can further use it to recover your account on the platform of Instagram.
If the problem persists any further, you can simply contact the platform of Instagram to tackle this issue.
When You Are Logged Out of Your Instagram Account
If for some reason, you are unable to log in to your Instagram account due to incorrect login details, chances are that the platform has locked you out of your account for security reasons. Instagram locks a user out of their account when it senses that the actions may cause harm to the privacy and the data of the account holder.
To get your account back after some suspicious login attempts on Instagram, follow the steps that have been mentioned below in the correct order;
- Begin by accessing the platform of Instagram and from the login page, click on the option of “get help with logging it”. In the next window, you will need to enter your email address that is connected with your Instagram account so the platform can send a recovery mail to that email address.
- After entering the email address, click on the “send an email” option.
- Simply access the email address that you typed in the field above to access the mail sent by Instagram.
- For the next step, users get two options. One can either pick the simple road and direct themselves to the login page of Instagram or one can reset the password for their account and create a new and stronger password to log in to their account manually.
These are some of the simple scenarios where users can encounter an Instagram login error.
A recent trend has picked up pace where users are seen to be switching from their personal account to a professional one. Is it for better or worse? Let us get right into it.
Simple Steps to Switch from a Personal Account to a Business Account on Instagram
The platform of Instagram has also grown into a brilliant marketplace with time and may come off as the perfect place for users to promote and showcase their businesses. Chances are that a business account may help you grow more than a personal account on Instagram.
Here are the steps for people who want to switch from a personal account and opt for a business account to get started with their new professional ventures on the platform.
- Start the proceedings by opening the application on Instagram and visiting the profile tab by clicking on the same option.
- From the same, click on the more option that is available in the form of three horizontally placed lines.
- In the next window, click on the Settings option and select the “account” option from the settings page.
- For the next step, select the “switch to professional account” option from the list of options that pop up on your screen. Hit the Continue button once you are done with the same.
- Now, move forward and select the category of your business to hit the done button.
- Simply confirm the same action by clicking on the ok button.
- Choose the “business” option and hit next to type your contact details and hit next again.
- In addition, you can also connect your Facebook business page with your Instagram account, provided that you have one. Skip the step otherwise.
- Finish the process by directing to the top right corner of your screen and clicking on the X icon to visit your profile again.
Once you have carried out these simple steps correctly, the login process for the business account on Instagram remains the same as the personal account.
Social media has been growing in the twenty-first century and Instagram is by a mile, one of the best social media platforms on the internet. For a long time now, it has offered tons of filters and features to users from all parts of the globe that are combined with an even better user interface to make sure that users feel hooked.
Logging into the platform is pretty easy and the sections that have been mentioned in the earlier parts of the blog can help users to access their accounts on different platforms in a different number of ways.
Always check the status of the servers before you try to log in to your Instagram account.
In case you need any more help with an Instagram login or if you have any feedback for us, make sure to drop them off in the comments section.
Until we meet again. Stay socializing!