Traditionally our soldiers were kept almost isolated from their families and friends for the reason of Nation security and data theft.
Even when the whole world was communicating electronically from the comfort of their home, our soldiers were only dependent upon the postal services to communicate with their family and friends. But these services were so slow that people nicknamed it ‘Snail- Mail’.
Thus, there was a dire need of a medium which should be secure enough that Army can trust on and that was later on fulfilled by “Army Webmail”.
Thus, we’ve come out with this guide to put together everything that is there to know about using it! So, let’s straightaway dive into the details—
About Army Webmail
Army Webmail is a means of communication service offered by the United States Army to its soldiers for free of cost. It provides a way to email and share important information with friends, family and fellows through a web browser in a much secure and safe manner.
Benefits of Having Account on Army Webmail
Albeit, there are many indifferent benefits of having Army webmail account but to name some— it can be used to send attachments, to create folders, to save drafts in progress, to change how messages are displayed on the screen, to reply either all or one recipient of an email message and to send instant messages from anywhere with an internet connection.
To be precise, it is just like normal email services but provided mainly for the Army and civilians affiliated with it.
As said, Army Webmail provides email accounts and other services to Army members as well as to civilians affiliated with the branch. So, if you’re one of them and are required to use an Army email account for work or to send messages to other users then, let us tell you that with army webmail, you can access army email from anywhere after setting up an Army Webmail account in less than ten minutes.
How to Sign up for Army Webmail?
First of all, the user has to register and create an account on the army webmail account. To do so, followings are the steps to be followed—
Steps to Create an Email Account on Army Webmail Service
- Step 1: Open any of the listed army browsers of your choice;
- Army Mozilla Firefox
- Army Microsoft Internet Explorer, or
- Army Opera.
[Note: Those who don’t know, “Army Browser” is a free program which can be easily downloadable from the army website using this http://armybrowser.com/version1/index.html URL.]
- Step 2: Then, go to the army webmail website via opening this https://email.yourarmybase.com URL in your selected army web browser.
[Note: There are some “army sites” that let you read army emails online, reply directly and even download them to your own computer or mobile device. Similarly, Army webmail is free and usually accessible from army websites with an SSL certificate name like— https://email.yourarmybase.com.]
- Step 3: On reaching there, click on the army webmail ‘Login’ button to sign up for the army webmail account.
- Step 4: Now, you’ll be directed onto the army webmail login page. There, you simply need to locate the ‘New User’ option and click on the same to fill out the army registration form.
[Note: The army registration form will ask to enter the army first name, last name, username, army email address and password. So, make sure you enter all the requested information correctly.]
- Step 5: Like above said, you’ve to firstly type in your personal information including your ‘Social Security Number’ and ‘Full Name.’
- Step 6: In continuation, select a ‘Username’ for your Army email account.
[Note: According to one of Army’s online sites, your username should be in the “first name.last name” format.]
- Step 7: After this, type in your army email address or you can also use your existing email account from other providers to sign up for army webmail.
- Step 8: Now, you simply need to create an Army ‘Password.’
[Note: As per the format, a strong and unique password must include two uppercase letters and two numbers. In addition, it also requires two special characters such as a period or exclamation mark.]
- Step 9: Once you’ve done that, just click on the ‘Sign-up’ button to complete the registration process.
How to Use Army Webmail Login?
Now, when you have successfully registered an army webmail account, you need to log in to your army email account to get to the army website’s main inbox page. So, for doing login, execute these below steps—
Steps to Login to Army Email Account
- Step 1: Open the army browser and again use this https://email.yourarmybase.com link to go to the army email website.
- Step 2: On reaching the army website, click on the ‘Army Webmail Login’ button and in doing so, you’ll find yourself on the Army Webmail Login Page.
- Step 3: There, all you need to do is type in your army email address and your army password in their respective text-fields.
- Step 4: Upon entering the login credentials of your Army webmail account, just click on the ‘Sign in’ button. Now, if you are successfully logged into army webmail, you will be redirected onto the army website’s main inbox page.
[Note: Users can also click on the “New User Sign-Up” button on the Army Login page if they want to create a new army webmail account without signing in to the existing army webmail account.]
- Step 5: There, on the inbox page, you can open army messages, read army emails, draft army messages, send new army messages and do much more.
[Note: Alternatively, with Army webmail you can access your army webmail account message by clicking on the ‘Mail’ button on the army homepage.]
How to Access Army Webmail from the Office?
Now, let us further make you aware that you can also access army webmail at the office.
However, for that, you will need to first download an army browser plugin called “ArmyWebMail” that easily runs in the following Army Browsers: army Microsoft Internet Explorer, army Opera, army Mozilla Firefox.
If knowing this makes you wonder where you can download an army browser plugin then, let us tell you that you’ll find “Army Webmail Plugin” on this http://armybrowser.com/version1/plugins_win32.htm army browser download page.
Once you’ve downloaded the Army Webmail Plugin then, after its installation, you can simply log in to your army webmail with your respective army username and password to check as well as exchange army messages at your office.
Army Webmail Login Issues
Though, you can easily log in to your Army email account using aforementioned instructions but, if it does not go well in your case, you can try entering your army login credentials again to test if that works or not!
[Point to Consider: At times, due to a down server of Army Webmail, users experience Army webmail login issues. So, consider this as a prerequisite that you must check whether the Army webmail server is down or not at the Downdetector.in website. If it seems to be down, wait for a while as it will resolve automatically.]
If not, then maybe this happened because you’ve forgotten your account’s username and password and unintentionally used the wrong/ incorrect combination for login.
So, considering this as a possible reason behind your failed login attempt to access your email account on Army webmail; you can try recovering your army account login credentials for successful login.
How to Recover Army Webmail Login Credentials?
Well, it’s generally very easy to recover army webmail login credentials. So, if your army webmail login is not working, you can take the following steps to recover your army password and/or username—
Steps to Recover Army Webmail Login Credentials
- Step 1: Head towards the army webmail login page in your army browser.
- Step 2: There, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link if you forget your account password and ‘Forgot Username’ in case you are no longer able to recall your Army account’s username.
- Step 3: Now in the former case, you will receive an army confirmation code on your army email address to enter on the army forgot password page.
[Note: If it doesn’t arrive in the first few minutes, you can also check your army spam folder for the same.]
And, as you enter the army verification code into the army forgot password page, you’ll be given permission to create a new password for your army email account via entering the desired password in the ‘New Password and Confirm Password’ text-fields.
- Step 4: In the latter case, you can enter the wrong army email address (es) into the army forgot username box to either find your army email address or to simply choose a new army email address from the available choices.
So, if you follow the army’s forgotten password or username process in the given way, you’ll be able to easily recover your army webmail account login credential for successfully login.
That is all! Through this army webmail login guide, we’ve tried to compile all the necessary information in one place. So, no matter whether you are an enlisted member or retired veteran; this complete guide about army webmail is easy enough for you to understand and use for the following scenarios;
- Setting up your Army Webmail account
- Logging in to your Army email account
- Accessing Army Webmail from the Office &
- Recovering Your Army Email Account Login Credentials to resolve Army webmail login issues (if encountered).
Frequently Asked Questions about Army Webmail
|Q: What is an Army Webmail Address?|
A: Army webmail address is an army email address which includes the username of an army person and army domain. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org in this webmail address smith is the army username and myarmybase.com is the army domain).
Q: How many army webmail accounts can an Army service member create?
A: Army service members can create only one army webmail account as per the army base that they serve on or army station, army post, army squadron, army field, army squadron, army hospital and army vessel at sea.
Q: Is Army Webmail free?
A: Yes! Army webmail is an email service offered by the United States Army for free of cost to its soldiers— who use it for their personal army email purposes. So, because it is completely free, army members don’t have to pay a single penny to use army webmail service at any army website.
Q: Who can use Army Webmail and when?
A: Army webmail is available worldwide to use 24*7 for both army soldiers and army officers in the army service.
Q: Is Army Webmail Account Private?
A: The army webmail account you create is your private army email address. So, no other person can claim your army webmail address until and unless you yourself give it to them.
Q: When Army Webmail is available?
A: Army webmail is available after army activation. To be precise, when you create an army webmail account, it will be active within minutes after entering a valid army email address and army password for login.
Q: What are the advantages of using Army Webmail?
A: If you, being an army member, want to use Army webmail then, let us tell you that army webmail supports attachments of any type and size like word documents, army PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and lots of other file types and sizes (unlimited). Besides all this, you can also send army email messages with up to 4 GB of storage space.