Emails are the most prominent way of communication among professionals and help in sharing information as well as files. From the very beginning of this email service, there have been several brands that offer this service, One of them is Century Link (about which we will be discussing further).
Century Link, also known as Lumen Technologies, is an American company, headquartered in Louisiana. It basically deals with network services, security, cloud solutions, voice, and much more. With the passage of time, it has also been evolving and upgrading their products and services. So, In order to access all of its services, you need to have an email account of the same name.
If you are new to Century Link’s email service and have no idea about how to log in and create an account on it then it is time to read this article further and as you will start reading the sections, you will get worthy knowledge of creating an account, log in to it and more related stuff easily.
Features of CenturyLink’s Email Service
There are several features of CenturyLink’s Email Service that have been mentioned below, so stay tuned.
- It possesses an email size limit of up to 20MB
- Offers total storage of 15GB
- Allows to send emails to up to 100 contacts at a time
- Allows to use filters for tracking of messages
- Can manage emails in folder and subfolder if needed
- Can create a task list and a to-do list as per the need
How to create CenturyLink Email Account?
Here I will be discussing two methods of creating the CenturyLink email account, one will include the installation of CenturyLink internet Service whereas the other will include visiting CenturyLink’s official website for account creation. So, let’s start with the methods one by one.
Method 1: Account creation after installing Email Service
Before proceeding with this method there is a need to install CenturyLink Internet Service, after which follow the below-mentioned steps and get your account created without any hassle.
- Step 1: Open up CenturyLink email service
- Step 2: Click on the option “I want to create a new account as my login to my CenturyLink Homepage”
- Step 3: Click on Next
- Step 4: Enter Email address along with the password in their respective textbox
- Step 5: Now select a secret question
- Step 6: Enter the answer to the secret question
- Step 7: Click on the Next button
- This is how you can create a CenturyLink email account, all you have to do is just follow the steps mentioned above.
Method 2: Creating Account using Website
If you don’t want to install CenturyLink Internet Service and want to create an account in a go then here are the steps, using which you can create an account easily. So let’s start without wasting time.
- Step 1: Go to the CenturyLink website from here
- Step 2: Go to manage email tab and reach to Create Email Account
- Step 3: A new window will open up similar to as depicted below
- Step 4: Click on the Next button located on the right side
- Step 5: Now a new window will open up where you have to enter an activation letter which is also known as an Account Number
- Step 6: Now enter the Billing Zip Code into the text box
- Step 7: Now follow the further on screen instruction to finish up the complete procedure of creating a CenturyLink email
Now, since you have created the CenturyLink email account, let’s start with the solutions of how to login into the CenturyLink email.
Login to CenturyLink email Account
After having created the CenturyLink Email account, now is the time to log into the account. There are basically two ways of logging in, which I will be covering one by one.
So, let us start with the number 1.
Way 1: Login via Website
Below find the steps to log into CenturyLink email account.
- Step 1: Go to CenturyLink main website from here
- Step 2: Click on Email (available on the top right side of the web page)
- Step 3: Now, A new login window will open up, similar to as depicted below
- Step 4: Now you should enter CenturyLink Email Address and password in the textbox.
- Step 5: Now, click on Login button
Note: You may check the checkbox corresponding to the Remember Me option, as doing this will enable you to stay logged in to the email without having to enter details again and again.
So, this is how you can log in to CenturyLink email using the website and if you are new to it then I will suggest you follow the above-mentioned steps religiously.
Let’s start with the second way of logging in to CenturyLink email account
Way 2: Login using a third-party email client
If you want to log in to a CenturyLink email account using any third-party email client then it is required to have the correct values of the IMAP and SMTP server. I have mentioned the details of these two below. All you have to do is open up any third party email client on any of the devices (like mobile and desktop) and put these values within them.
CenturyLink IMAP Server- mail.centurylink.net
- IMAP port- 993
- IMAP security- SSL/TLS
- IMAP Username- Enter your full email address
- IMAP Password- Enter the centuryLink’s password
Centurylink SMTP server- smtp.centurylink.net
- SMTP port- 587
- SMTP security- STARTTLS
- SMTP username- your full email address
- SMTP password- your centurylink.net password
After having created the CenturyLink email account, now is the time to solve the various login issues which arise while logging in.
CenturyLink Email Login Issues
There can be several issues associated with the CenturyLink Email login, among all these I have selected a few issues which are very common and are faced from time to time. So let us start with the issues one by one.
- You have forgotten the password
- Internet connection is not working properly (either it is slow or does not work properly)
- Using incorrect Username
- If you are entering the username and password by copying from somewhere, chances are the extra space is also being copied, which may create a hindrance while logging in.
- If the browser is auto-filling the password field but you have changed it, in that case the browser will be filling the wrong password and there is a need of saving the correct credential in the web browser.
- Maybe CenturyLink’s email app is outdated and hence it is required to have an updated app.
So, these were the issues that an individual faces while logging in to CenturyLink email account and now I will be sharing some solutions for the same, which will definitely help you with the login procedure.
Solutions to login issues?
Here, I have depicted solutions for the login issues one by one, so follow them in order to get the issues resolved.
It is essential to have good internet connectivity while browsing the CenturyLink email. Also, if the connection speed is slow, that can be a negative aspect that is required to be resolved as soon as possible.
While entering the username and password, chances are you are entering the wrong values. So, it is a must to check the credentials before entering into the textbox.
It might also be possible that you are entering the credentials after copying from somewhere, so there is a need to recheck that value manually, as the chances of copying an empty space are high.
If you have forgotten the password or your account has been hacked that is why the password which you are entering is not correct then there is a need to recover it through Forgot Password option. So, here I am mentioning some steps to recover the password. Find the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to CenturyLink homepage from here
- Step 2: Click on Email option from the top right corner of the web page
- Step 3: A new window will open up, asking you to enter your username and password but you are not supposed to enter the credentials now and all you have to do is click on the Forgot password link (located below the web page).
- Step 4: A new window will open up and there you are supposed to fill up the details like Phone Number and CenturyLink Email address
- Step 5: Click on Next Button
- Step 6: Now follow the further on-screen instructions and get your password reset to a new one.
If you are facing any hurdle while browsing the CenturyLink Email account, chances are your antivirus is creating a hindrance, as a result of which you are facing such issues. So, it will be wise to disable the antivirus for a temporary period so as to have the CenturyLink Email account’s seamless functioning.
So these were the details of how you can create CenturyLink’s email account and how you can resolve the issues if they arise in between. I have tried giving the details in a very clear and precise manner.