Wi Ha Joon is one of the most prominent figures in contemporary Korean art. He was born on 5th August 1991. He is a talented singer, actor, and model. Wi Ha Joon’s fame grew after featuring in the following films; Midnight (2021), Squid game (2021), The Beginning (2021), and Romance is a Bonus Book (2019).
Early Life and Education
Wi Ha Joon was born on Siando island in the year 1991. The island is located in South Korea, and it can be reached via ferry. The family home where Wi Ha Joon spent most of his childhood years; however, it no longer stands today.
He attended Wando high school. Wi Ha Joon was an average student in school. He had a dream of becoming an actor when he was in high school. He later joined Baekam high school and studied acting.
He furthered his studies by joining Sungkyul university and majoring in Theater studies.
Awards and Nominations
- He was nominated for the Korea drama Awards (KDA) for his role in Midnight (2021), and he won the Korea drama awards (KDA) for the best new actor.
- In the 2018 Grand bell awards, he was nominated for best actor in a miniseries. This made him the first-ever 20-year old actor to receive a nomination in the best actor category.
- In 2019, he was nominated for a Baeksang award as ‘best new actor’ for his role in Romance is a Bonus Book (2019).
- Wi Ha Joon was still nominated for Chunsa film art awards, but he did not win the award.
Appearances in Films
- Wi Ha Joon made his first-ever screen appearance in the film Fat Man (2021). He plays the role of Young-Ho, a fat young man. This character is suicidal and suffers from low self-esteem. Young-Ho has never shared with anyone his desire to die, but he finally decides to take his life.
- This role was a challenge to Wi Ha Joon as he had to shed his weight for the role, and it helped him gain some muscles which made him more attractive. He also worked on his voice to make it deeper to fit the character of Young-Ho.
- In the same year 2021, he appeared in the Squid game. This movie was directed by Na Hyun-Suk, and it is a coming-of-age film. The Squid game storyline focuses on three friends who are victims of bullying at school. The friend group meets in jail after being involved in an unfortunate crime. At the end of the day, all three friends are released from jail separately. They then meet up at an abandoned house where they talk about life.
- Despite having achieved so much at a young age, Wi Ha Joon is quite conservative when it comes to dating. He has refused to get involved with any women who are older than him by more than 5 years. Furthermore, he would like to get married early and begin a family of his own.
Some of his work is also available on Netflix so one can check it out for themselves.
Wi Ha Joon is quite popular with the ladies, and countless women would like to date him. He, however, has refused any invitations from ladies who he thinks are trying to seduce him for fame rather than love. He has always kept his dating life a private affair.